Tuesday 24 May 2011

A new role for Ms Paltrow

I never used to be a fan of Gwyneth Paltrow, but over the last few years I've found myself somewhat in awe of her.

She first captured my attention when she arrived at the Iron Man premiere with newly bobbed hair, sporting a rather short black lacy Balmain dress and particularly high heels. This was not the type of attire we were used to seeing Ms Paltrow in.

Gwyn had always been one for the 'comfort-not-glamour' school; opting for androgynous blazers, plain shirt dresses and even vest tops on the red carpet. She had never been a style icon.

Bring of the Gwyn of 2008. What was so brilliant about the outfits of that year was Gwyn's ability to mix a hint of fun and originality with a real understanding of her own personal style, age and shape. Not once in the star's attempt to glamorise her wardrobe did she dress too young for her age, never did she appear uncomfortable or outlandish in her choices. Yet, the outfits were always a little suggestive and surprisingly on-trend.

This was honestly the first occasion I began to take more notice of the actress (despite always having enjoyed her films). But put that to one side, and she keeps on impressing. For a start, who knew this girl could sing? One word: Glee. And now, she's released her very own cook book Notes From my Kitchen Table.

I've recently become a little obsessed with cookbooks - I'm trying to teach myself to cook and some cookbooks are just beautiful to look at. I have a feeling Gwyneth's will be one of these. So I'm very keen to get my hands on a copy.

I've heard impressive reviews, suggesting the book is compulsive reading and that Gwyn has earned herself a reputation as a formidable foodie. So I'm keen to get my hands on a copy. In particular I'm looking forward to trying the tuna and ginger burgers, fudge chocolate brownies and crispy potato and garlic cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment