Friday 26 August 2011

The Lust List...

Like most girls, I have a list of key items I want to add to my wardrobe - classics, that I'm willing to spend that little bit more on. Quite often these items stay on the list for some time, as I have a strong image of what I'm looking for and won't settle for anything else. Until recently, a pair of tan suede ankle boots with a low heel and a soft black leather jacket had been on mine. The boots were to be worn during the day with jeans and a rock tee, but also needed to be smart enough to dress up a mini for a night at the pub or even a spontaneous trip to a Motown club. The jacket, had to be a combination of soft draped leather to create an air of grown up glamour and sophistication, while sporting enough buckles to create a tough, urban vibe. Thanks to River Island, I can finally cross both off the list. There's a real sense of satisfaction when I find an item on the list, knowing that it will become a staple go-to in my wardrobe for a long time. I've already worn the boots to death, they turn out to be just as perfect for work as for play. And I can't wait for my jacket's first outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment