Sunday 14 August 2011

Recipes: Lemon and Rocket Risotto

Last Sunday evening I found myself with a little more spare time than usual, and a fancy to be creative in the kitchen. Low and behold my first attempt at making Risotto. I fell in love with the dish about a year ago, at a nearby Italian restaurant - and now rarely mediate away from that main when I revisit. Although it was mushroom risotto I originally tried, for my first risotto creation I opted for a lemon and rocket recipe - perfectly fresh and zingy for a hot summer night.

Ingredients (serves four):

Juice and zest of two lemons
Salt and freshly ground pepper
125g butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
300g risotto rice
150ml white wine
750ml chicken stock
200g wild rocket
50g grated parmesan

Directions:

Heat 50g of the butter and olive oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic and lemon zest. Cook over a medium heat until soft. Add the rice and stir to coat in the onion and butter. After two minutes, when the pan is almost dry, add the wine and allow to boil for two minute, stirring constantly.

Add all the stock (a little at a time) and then the remaining butter, lemon juice, rocket and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Thank you for this awesome recipe. I use it at least once a month and a few changes, and it is vegan.
    Kind regards,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. *deviate :) love this recipe

    ReplyDelete