Friday 29 July 2011

The Small Things

Two things that never fail to bring a smile to my face in recent weeks are this gold bracelet and new Bobbi Brown lipstick in Guava. On a trip to London I took a minor detour to the John Lewis beauty counter, with the intentions of treating myself to something a little bit special and different to my normal style. Numerous friends had started to rave none stop about Bobbi Brown products in the weeks leading up to my trip, so it seemed like the obvious place to start. As I never normally wear lipstick (I've always been a lip balm lady) I decided to invest in something bright and fresh, that wouldn't fail to make me feel that extra bit special and glammed up from the moment I applied it. Guava does just that.
This gold bracelet was an love at first sight item. I love the fact that it looks like an item you would find at a little Spanish market, and has that summer, holiday vibe to it. Yet, at the same time there is something quite subtle and elegant about it - most likely because it is a thin rather than chunky chain. It does often get mistaken by friends and family as a watch, but hey, that's all part of the charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment