Friday 29 July 2011

A bit of Vintage

For absolutely ages I have been searching for a magazine rack. I knew exactly what I wanted and was hesitant to stray far from the image in my mind’s eye. Black, metal, wire curling and spiralling to create a vintage style look.

I’m thrilled to say that after months of searching, and having to put up with piles of Marie Claire and InStyle cluttering my floor, I have finally found the perfect one.

Originally I'd planned to paint this black when it arrived. I thought it would give me an opportunity to be a bit creative, and I always like the idea that I have a piece that is a little bit different. However, within moments of opening the parcel I decided I loved the rack in the slightly chipped, rustic white shade. It adds a little bit of vintage, romantic styling to the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment