Tuesday 19 June 2012

30 Things to do before I'm 30 - American cities and Wine tours


One item on my '30 Things to do before I'm 30' list was to visit certain cities in America - I've always been curious about the extravagant, over-the-top feel of Vegas, dreamed of riding a tram car in San Francisco and loved the glamour of LA. Luckily, a friend was more than happy to keep me company on a trip this month to all these fantastic cities; we also managed to add in a few days in New York to finish off the holiday in style.

Another item on the list also got ticked off while I was away - a wine tour. I knew nothing about wine, other than the fact that I liked it; but have always been curious about how wine is fermented and how grapes can make so many different variations of one drink. While in San Francisco, we signed up for a tour of California's best wine valleys: Napa and Sanoma. We visited three beautiful wineries, sat in the sunshine sipping wine, learning all about the process and the history of the valleys. It was such a sight to see vineyards stretching as far as the eye could see and the experience even changed my opinion of dessert wine - I can now appreciate that a good moscato can really make a dessert pop.

So, two down, only 28 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment