Friday 25 March 2011

The Lookbooks...

As it was payday this week, I'm in the mood to shop. I've just had a nose online to get some ideas and have to say I'm finding River Island's styling features quite fresh and inspiring.

I love the clashing prints included in this look - stripes, florals, and a dash of colour blocking thrown in for size. The look is not one I would usually chose, but it does work. I think the addition of the pale pink frilly socks and heels is particularly cute, and ties in this season's preppy trend.

The key to this look is the belt. The mannish, long length blazer would swamp the 1950s full skirt, making one appear rather like a tent, if that belt did not clinch in that waist.

This is a difficult look to pull off - it's all about clashing and being daring, and can so easily go wrong. The most important part - have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment